Anyone else out there craving cooler weather? We’re finally starting to get a relief from the heat in Arkansas, and we’re ready for it!
That’s why this recipe from Nancy C. got us excited; who doesn’t immediately think of Fall when they think of Apple Baked Oatmeal?! This easy and satisfying treat can be used as a brunch item at a potluck or can be cooked and re-heated for a delightful leftover.
Apple Baked Oatmeal by Nancy C.
Download the free recipe card here!
Prep Time: 10 min
Bake Time: 35 min
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 cups diced apples
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Lightly grease a 9″ round deep dish pie plate or 8×8″ square baking pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium-size bowl, mix the milk, applesauce, and eggs together. Pour this mixture over the dry ingredients in the large bowl and then add in the oil; mix everything together well. Then stir the diced apples into the mixture.
- Pour the oatmeal mixture into your prepared pan and bake at 350˚F for 35 minutes, or until set in the center. Let cool for 5-10 minutes, then spoon or cut the slices or squares and serve in bowls – you can pour some milk over the top of each serving if desired.