Happy New Year!
We hope you had a very Merry Christmas, and are still enjoying time with family and friends as you celebrate Jesus’ birth. After a holiday season full of treats and heavy dishes, we’re starting to look for lighter recipes that are still delicious.
This beautiful salad from Nancy C. is just the ticket! Light, refreshing, and still seasonal. Perfect for a post-holidays lunch with friends! Thanks Nancy for the recipe and photos!
DOWNLOAD THE FREE RECIPE CARD HERE!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Bake Time: none
Makes about 8 servings.
- 8 to 10 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 medium size apples, chopped
- 2 medium size pears, chopped or sliced
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup shaved or shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil (or your favorite salad oil)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or your favorite vinegar)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In large bowl, add the mixed greens, red onion, apples and pears, dried cranberries, Parmesan cheese, and sliced almonds.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the salad ingredients, then drizzle the vinegar. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Toss the salad ingredients with the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; toss well, until everything is coated.
- Garnish with additional cheese, cranberries, and almonds, if desired, and serve.
- You can substitute your favorite vinaigrette for the oil and vinegar.
- If you’re using oil and vinegar but would like a sweeter taste, drizzle 1 tbsp. of honey over the salad ingredients, along with the oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Toss well.
To get the beautiful and cozy look above, toss the salad in our Enamelware Salad Bowl and use the Enamelware Salad Server Set to serve! Complete the look by storing your salt & pepper in our Simply Elegant Salt & Pepper Sprinklers + Tray, and your vinegar and oil in our Vinegar + Oil with Tray. Those items are on special this month only, so get yours today!