Make this zippy, zesty Taco Pasta Salad from our friend Nancy! Print your free recipe card and text that friend to swing by for dinner (print a copy for her too — she’s going to want the recipe). Read on for the recipe + styling tips for this unique, delicious salad!
TACO PASTA SALAD
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Bake Time: none
Makes 6 servings.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 (1 oz.) packet Taco Seasoning
- 3/4 cup each: diced red bell pepper, sliced green onions, and frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 3/4 cup Catalina dressing
- Optional, for garnish: chopped cilantro, sour cream, avocado
- Tortilla chips
- Cook pasta according to package directions, then drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook beef, breaking into crumbles, over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain excess fat. Stir the taco seasoning into the ground beef.
- In a large bowl, stir the pasta and ground beef together. Then add the bell peppers, green onions, corn, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, and cheese.
- Toss everything together, then add in the Catalina dressing and toss to coat all the ingredients.
- If desired, garnish the pasta salad with sliced or chopped avocado, chopped cilantro, and/or a large dollop of sour cream. Serve with tortilla chips.
NOTE: Save time by using pre-shredded lettuce from a bag and slicing the red bell pepper and green onions ahead of time!