There’s something about a good old BLT (bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich) that just says spring. And while they’re always a crowd-pleaser, they can be tricky to make ahead and serve when company comes.
Well, our friend Nancy has just the ticket. With a recipe from The Living Table, by Abby Turner, she turned those fan-favorite sandwiches right into easy-to-make-ahead roll-ups! Yeah! There’s even a special ingredient that we guarantee takes these roll-ups to the next level. Make a platter full for your next gathering – we’ll inspire you with the perfect Mary & Martha pieces to use for serving!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: none
Makes 8-10 servings.
- 6 spinach tortillas
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 head lettuce
- 12 strawberries, sliced
- 6 slices deli turkey
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- Lay out the spinach tortillas on a flat surface.
- Spread mayo first, then lettuce, strawberries, turkey, and 2 pieces of bacon.
- Roll the tortilla tight. Pro Tip: Spreading enough mayo is crucial to getting the tortilla to stay wrapped tight.
- Place in the freezer for 10 minutes to set.
- Remove the tortillas from the freezer, cut off the ends, and then cut them into 1/2-inch-wide rounds.
NOTES: Recipe from The Living Table, by Abby Turner. The Table Talk Wax Paper Liners work great for lining your serving board. Also, the Celebration Melamine Serving Bowl comes in handy for serving additional items such as fruit or chips.
To get the beautiful look Nancy created, use our Table Talk Pizza & Flatbread Board — it’s on special right now! Complete the look by setting out our Simply Elegant Sugar & Creamer Set and you’ll be ready to offer a post-roll-up cup of coffee!