Your weekend may be filled with family gatherings, neighborhood get-togethers, church activities, and soaking in the sun, so keep things easy with these adorable and super simple patriotic cookies! They come together in a flash. Or if you’re hosting a Gathering this month, make it a treat for your guests to nibble on as they shop!
Thank you to Nancy C. for making and photographing these for us!
Easy Patriotic Cookies Recipe
DOWNLOAD THE RECIPE CARD HERE!
Prep Time: 35 min
Bake Time: none
Makes 35-40 small dipped cookies
- 2 (4-oz.) white or semi-sweet chocolate baking bars, coarsely chopped (or use 1 of each)
- Red, white, and blue sprinkles (use one kind or several different kinds)
- 36 to 40 of your favorite purchased or homemade smaller-sized cookies (shortbread, oatmeal, chocolate chip, peanut butter, chocolate sandwich cookies… whatever you like!)
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or waxed paper; set aside.
- Melt the chopped chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl, heating for 30 seconds; remove and stir, then heat in 15-second increments, stopping and stirring after each time until the chocolate is smooth.
- Dip each cookie into the melted chocolate about halfway; gently shake off excess chocolate, then sprinkle the chocolate with your red, white, and blue sprinkles.
- Place dipped and sprinkled cookies on lined baking sheet to let chocolate set—the chocolate will set more quickly if you place the sheet of cookies in your refrigerator for at least a half hour.
- Serve cookies when chocolate is set, or put them in an airtight container and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Note: the cookies are pictured on our beautiful Grace & Gratitude Accent Plate! Such a great reminder to give thanks.