This is a recipe to save in your “in case someone randomly pops over” arsenal. It’s easy, delicious, and best of all, has the entire home smelling like fall as your surprise guests walk in the door.
If you’re hosting a Mary & Martha Gathering, these also make a fantastic treat to serve your guests as you welcome them into your home for a night of fellowship and laughter. We’re grateful our friend, Nancy C., shared this recipe with us!
Prep: 5-10 minutes
Bake: 18-20 minutes
- 1 (15.25-oz) box spice cake mix
- 1 (15-oz) can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- Optional: 1 cup semi-sweet or mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cooking spray, for spraying muffin time or paper liners.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with 12 paper liners.
Tip: Even if using paper liners, spray the liners very lightly with cooking spray to prevent muffins from sticking.
- In large bowl, stir together the spice cake mix and the pumpkin puree, mixing ingredients well.
- Optional: Fold in the chocolate chips, if using, stirring to blend evenly in batter.
- Fill muffin cups with batter (using a scoop helps give the muffins a nice rounded shape). Bake at 350˚F for 18-20 minutes, until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
For an easy presentation, serve warm muffins on our Grace & Gratitude Platter. Enjoy!