The summer months can be full of sunshine, camping, and barbecues. But don’t forget to make time to spend with the friends who make life sweet. Invite a pal over for a sweet, summery dessert — make these berry tarts by our friend Nancy! Print your free recipe card, brew the coffee, and text that friend to swing by for dessert!
Read on for the recipe + styling tips for these berry tarts!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Bake Time: none
Makes 6 tarts.
- 6 dessert shells
- 1 (8-oz.) block cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- Raspberry or blueberry jam (1/2 tsp. per tart)
- Fresh blueberries and raspberries, to top the tarts
- Make the filling: In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Add the vanilla, blending everything together well; set aside.
- Arrange dessert shells on serving plate. Spread 1/2 tsp. jam onto the bottom of each dessert shell, then add 1 1/3 Tbsp. of the cream cheese filling mixture over the jam in each dessert shell.
- Top each filled tart with fresh blueberries and raspberries. Have fun making different fruit arrangements on top of the tarts!
- Serve immediately or refrigerate tarts until ready to serve.
NOTE: You can use other kinds of fresh fruit to top the tarts, including sliced strawberries, blackberries, sliced kiwifruit, and sliced peaches.