There’s something about deviled eggs at a picnic that just says summer. And our friend Nancy has just the recipe for us! Make a plate full for an early summer picnic. Scroll down and we’ll inspire you with the perfect Mary & Martha pieces to use for serving!
RANCH DEVILED EGGS
Prep Time: 50 minutes
Bake Time: none
Makes 24 halves.
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 3 teaspoons dry ranch dressing mix, from a 1-oz. package
- 6 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- Dash of salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional for sprinkling on top: Paprika
- Optional for sprinkling on top: Chopped fresh chives (about 1 1/2 Tablespoons)
- Cut hard-boiled, peeled eggs in half lengthwise.
- Remove the yolks from the egg whites and place yolks in a small to medium-sized bowl; mash them with a fork.
- Add the dry ranch dressing mix, mayonnaise, and mustard into the bowl with the mashed yolks. Add a dash of salt and pepper, if desired. Mix everything together well, until smooth and creamy.
- Fill egg white halves with the egg yolk mixture.
NOTE: You can substitute Dijon mustard for the yellow mustard if you prefer.
For the beautiful look Nancy created, use our Adventure Together Picnic Basket — and it’s on special right now! Complete the look by filling our Joy Love Grace Stem Vase (the smallest one is pictured here), and setting the spread out on our Take Heart Throw. You’ll be ready for a beautiful picnic!