Can you feel it in the air? Mornings have a little more bite to them, leaves on trees are starting to change colors, coffee shops have updated their menus to feature all the pumpkin spice things… Fall is really, truly, and FINALLY here! Bake up these simple and fun-to-make cookies, especially fun to do with the kids in your life and their friends, and use them to jazz up a dessert table at Bible study or satisfy that October sweet tooth.
Read on for the recipe + styling tips from our friend Nancy for baking and serving this unique and fun cookie!
CANDY CORN COOKIES
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 10 minutes
Makes 22 cookies.
- 1 (15-ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips, plus a few Tbsp. more for adding to the tops of cookies after baking
- 1/2 cup candy corn, for adding to the tops of cookies after baking
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In large bowl, mix together the dry cake mix, oil, and eggs, blending well. Stir in 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (save the remaining chips for later).
- Scoop cookie dough by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350˚F for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and press 2 to 3 pieces of candy corn and a few white chocolate chips into the tops of the cookies while they’re still warm. Then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.