Today we launched our new Fall/Winter catalog, so we’re celebrating with a peachy recipe that’s sure to bring a smile to your taste buds: Peach Cobbler Cake.
This time of year in the midwest/south is the BEST time for peaches. If you’re able, support your local farmers market and purchase your peaches there. If you need an excuse to whip up this easy recipe, consider making this a “YOU DID IT!” dessert after the kiddos first day of school. Or if you host a Gathering this month, make it a treat for your guests to enjoy as they shop (the smell your home will have throughout the event will be heavenly!).
And don’t forget to have the vanilla ice cream on hand; a scoop on your slice is a must-have!
Thanks again to our dear friend, Nancy-C.com, for creating and photographing this recipe!
Peach Cobbler Cake by Nancy C.
Prep: 15 minutes
Bake: 38-40 minutes
- 2 (15-oz) cans sliced peaches in light syrup
- 2 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 (15.25-oz) box yellow cake
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup (or 11 Tbsp) cold butter
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease or spray a 9×13″ pan or baking dish.
- Pour one can of sliced peaches, along with the syrup, into the the baking pan. Drain the second can of peaches and add them to the baking pan.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon evenly over the peaches in the pan. Then sprinkle the dry cake mi and pecans over everything.
- Slice the cold button in thin slices, then place the slices of butter on top of the dry cake mix and pecans.
- Bake at 350˚F for 38-40 minutes, until the top is golden. Tastes best served warm. Top with whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream if desired.