We all have those special friends that demonstrate the Fruits of the Spirit in the way they live. They’re those friends who lift you up by showing gentleness & kindness, or goodness & love.
When someone demonstrates the Fruits of the Spirit, it comes from within and requires no recognition, because it is simply a result of walking with Jesus. But wouldn’t it be nice to encourage your friends by giving them a little reminder of how the Holy Spirit is working through them?
The Mary & Martha Pewter Keys are a great gift for that purpose.
And you can even get creative with how you give these away!
Mary & Martha Team Leader Lindsay Carrier came up with a fabulous way to add her personal touch to this gift item. Check it out:
Here’s how she did it:
- Mary & Martha Pewter Key
- Mason Jar (found at craft store)
- Burlap Ribbon (found at craft store)
- Jute (found at craft store)
1) Measure burlap ribbon to fit around mason jar and cut. Glue ribbon on sides (just a dot of glue) and back (use more glue)
2) Glue the end of the jute to the back of mason jar. Wrap jute around jar – always gluing on back.
3) When you’ve wrapped about 3/4 of the way, pull out as much jute as you think you’ll need to finish and cut.
4) String the key using the jute until it’s where you want it on the jar.
5) Continue wrapping and gluing jute until finished.
And there you have it! A unique & meaningful gift or new decoration for your home! Thank you for the idea, Lindsay!