We’re craving spring. . . but really, with ice storms and snow still blowing about, we’re deep into winter. One silver lining? It’s chili season!
Thanks to our friend Nancy C. for this delicious recipe and beautiful photos!
SECRET INGREDIENT CHILI
DOWNLOAD THE FREE RECIPE CARD HERE!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Makes 6 servings.
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 (15-oz) cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (28-oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15-oz) can tomato sauce
- 3 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, cook the ground beef and chopped onion over medium heat until the beef is no longer pink; drain the fat.
- Add the beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, unsweetened cocoa powder, minced garlic, and salt and pepper, if desired.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Top the chili with any or all of the following: sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, and chopped green onion.
NOTE: For a spicier chili, use a 28-oz can of diced tomatoes with green chilies instead of regular diced tomatoes.
To get the beautiful and cozy look above, serve the chili in our Grace & Gratitude Deep Dish Baker! Complete the look by serving your toppings in our Grace & Gratitude Dip Bowls.