Who is ready for Fall?! As football begins and school is finding its rhythm, we are ready to start seeing the leaves change.
…but it’s September. And in Arkansas, we’re still in the thick of hot and humid sunshine (not ideal sweater-weather). If only we could make it feel like Fall a little…
Our friend Nancy C. is back with another recipe to help bring a little bit of autumn cheer to your home. You’ll love this sweet dessert as it tides you over with fuzzy fall feelings, filling your home with the smell of apple-cinnamon glory. This will even cook perfectly in our Fresh Joy Rectangular Baking Dish, available from your Mary & Martha Consultant or right here!
Prep: 45 minutes
Cook: 45 minutes
Serving size: 12
- 8 cups apples, peeled and sliced or cut into chunks (if you use organic apples and cut into small chunks, peeling is optional)
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 to 1 1/2 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, for serving on top
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease or spray a 9×13″ baking dish; set aside.
- Place prepared apples in the bottom of the 9×13″ pan. Mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the apples; toss gently to coat.
- In a large bowl, stir together butter, sugar, and eggs; then add flour, mixing everything well.
- Spoon batter over the apples, spreading evenly, and bake at 350˚F for 45 minutes. Let cool a few minutes.
- Serve cobbler while still warm. This does taste best warm, so if you’re serving it later, reheat each serving in the microwave for 10 to 20 seconds.
- Serve with whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if you desire (you can use a sprinkle of ground cinnamon over those as a garnish).
The images above feature our Fresh Joy collection, which can be found on our website here.